REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND DESERT WINDS HIGH SCHOOL
- Variable Credit - Students earn credits on their own pace based on their individual effort. Students can graduate early or earn enough credits to return to their comprehensive school.
- Start Time Options - Students can enroll in AM Session which runs from 7:30 am - 11:00 am or choose our PM Session which runs from 11:30 am - 3:00 pm.
- Condensed Day - Students take four classes during the instructional day for a total of 3.5 hours.
- Free Food - All students receive free breakfast and lunch, no forms required.
- Personalized Instruction - Classes are staffed on a 25 to 1 ratio. Most classes have twenty or fewer students. Smaller classes enable teachers to better assist students and give them optimum attention and one-on-one instruction.
- Smaller School - Because the student body is small, students receive more attention from the teachers, office staff, counselor and administration. Students have greater input into the decisions which affect the school.
- Graduation - By taking advantage of the opportunities at Desert Winds High School, students are able to participate in the graduation ceremony upon completion of their credit requirements.
- Guidance Services - Students may take advantage of a variety of guidance services, including a full-time counselor, substance abuse counseling, tobacco cessation classes, and a College and Career advisor.
- Environment - Because of a staff dedicated to meeting the needs of students as individuals, the school climate is based on respect and nurturing. Every teacher's unique contributions help students succeed.
- Personalized Instruction - Smaller class sizes allow teachers to spend more time with students individually to provide one-on-one instruction.