August 27, 2020
We hope this letter finds you and your children safe, healthy, and excited to start the new school year! As we begin the school year in a full distance learning model, School Counselors at Desert Winds High School will be working remotely. However, we want to assure you that we are here to support the academic, social/emotional, and college/career needs of your student during this time. We have been collaborating with administrators to prepare information, resources, and creative ways to stay connected with you. We want to provide information on the various ways that you and your student can connect with us as well as participate in learning opportunities via online platforms.
Desert Winds High School School Counselor and Pupil Service Technician are available in the following ways:
- Virtual one-to-one meetings can be scheduled using the "Schedule Meeting" link below. Students, parents, and staff can schedule meetings.
- Via phone. The direct phone number can be called during the posted office hours day and time.
- Via email. Students, parents, and staff can email either of us directly using the email address provided below.
- Ask for us to contact you using our Google Check-in request by visiting https://bit.ly/avcheckin2020
- Additionally, your student has been enrolled in a “Homeroom” Google classroom where we will post “Monthly Bulletins” that address frequently asked questions (FAQs), provide resources, and give updates on policies and relevant changes to academic, college & career, and social & emotional subjects.
|Mrs. Flores||Click Herefirstname.lastname@example.org|
Pupil Services Technician
Please know your school counselor and Pupil Service Technician are ready, willing, and able to support students, families, and our community during this time. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Irma A. Flores